Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Mobile and keeping costs low.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility expenses down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can try several other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 251-202-7503 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right solution for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.