Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is often at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Mobile and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can try several other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 251-202-7503 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best solution for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.