Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your air conditioner system in Mobile working at its best performance while keeping utility needs down. It also could even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Climate Control Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can complete alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures approaching, it’s also a good idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or replacement, you could be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can turn very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean cooling system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Myself?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and can decrease your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very crucial if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the outside condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your equipment, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Climate Control Service Experts at 251-202-7503, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is turning on, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that need additional work, we are set to give you the most reasonable solution. Pinpointing likely issues in a timely manner can solve more substantial problems later on. This also offers you time to plan if your unit is getting outdated.
When you need a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to find the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your checkup? Contact us at 251-202-7503 or schedule an appointment online today.