Benefits of Having Your Furnace Service Before Winter
There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Philadelphia. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Philadelphia, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Philadelphia when it cools off.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cool winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional perks, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Philadelphia, give us a call at 215-259-5850 or schedule an appointment with Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have reinvented home comfort and made it possible to stay perfectly comfy in any season or climate. But while centralized systems provide a convenient way to regulate the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled... Continue reading
Eight Frequent Heating Fallacies Debunked
There are many myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace operation. It’s time to set the record straight. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing reveal the truth behind the eight most common myths to keep... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the chilly days and nights in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading