It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Climate Control Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.