Building a new residence? Upgrading your present system? No matter why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might quickly learn you have more options than you originally thought. Use this information to help you weigh four different solutions so you can select the right air conditioner in Mobile.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they imagine air conditioning for the total residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate much like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This may be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump draws on this continuous source of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your home for the buried loops.
This is a second type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate addition to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which type of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Climate Control Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the ideal one for your budget. Please contact us at 251-202-7503 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.