Building a new house? Upgrading your current system? No matter why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could quickly come to the conclusion that you have more choices than you originally thought. Go through this information to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in Mobile.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people think of when they envision air conditioning for the total residence. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. A lot of models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump draws on this continuous source of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You desire a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your home for the buried loops.
This is an additional type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate addition to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which type of air conditioner you should purchase? Trust the Experts at Climate Control Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you choose the ideal one for your home. Please contact us at 251-202-7503 to schedule an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.