Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to consider, plus the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Climate Control Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the right suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your home more comfortable and decreasing your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Climate Control Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 251-202-7503 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.