Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Mobile, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Climate Control Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the right suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both units at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any big immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your home more comfortable and decreasing your yearly utility bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Climate Control Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 251-202-7503 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.