When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you may first consider going the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets pricey fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Climate Control Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Climate Control Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Climate Control Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.