Your HVAC system is essential to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could guarantee an uninterrupted source of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Climate Control Service Experts, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system usually progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix little problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC contract grants access to the fastest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are occasionally unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, the technician will return to make things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Climate Control Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Climate Control Service Experts office today.