Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the smartest way to alert you to this dangerous gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in large concentrations.
A carbon monoxide detector is similar to a smoke alarm. It checks the air and beeps if carbon monoxide concentration is increasing. If possible, you should use at least one detector close to every living area, or on each floor in your residence. These detectors are best run when paired with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in the best status and can help you avoid carbon monoxide in Mobile.