What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Mobile.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:

  • Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
  • Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
  • Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
  • Verify gas appliances are running correctly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by booking routine furnace maintenance with Climate Control Service Experts.