Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Mobile.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are running accurately, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Climate Control Service Experts.