Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Mobile.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are running correctly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by booking routine furnace maintenance with Climate Control Service Experts.