What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also create carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with extended exposure.

chat now widget box